We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how WeAreAllAfricans.com and its affiliates (collectively “We Are All Africans”) collect and process your personal information through websites, devices, products, services, online and physical stores, and applications that reference this Privacy Notice (together “We Are All Africans Services”). By using We Are All Africans Services, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
- What Personal Information About Customers Does We Are All Africans Collect?
- For What Purposes Does We Are All Africans Use Your Personal Information?
- What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
- Does We Are All Africans Share Your Personal Information?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- What About Advertising?
- What Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Are Children Allowed to Use We Are All Africans Services?
- EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
- California Consumer Privacy Act
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- Related Practices and Information
What Personal Information About Customers Does We Are All Africans Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
Information You Give Us:
We receive and store any information you provide in relation to We Are All Africans Services. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our We Are All Africans Services.
We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of We Are All Africans Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through We Are All Africans Services. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses We Are All Africans Services and other content served by or on behalf of We Are All Africans on other websites. Click here to see examples of what we collect.
Information from Other Sources:
We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily. Click here to see additional examples of the information we receive.
For What Purposes Does We Are All Africans Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services.We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve We Are All Africans Services.We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the We Are All Africans Services.
- Recommendations and personalization.We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with We Are All Africans Services.
- Comply with legal obligations.In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you.We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to We Are All Africans Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads. To learn more, please read our Interest-Based Ads notice.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks.We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, We Are All Africans, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
Does We Are All Africans Share Your Personal Information?
- Transactions involving Third Parties:We make available to you services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through We Are All Africans Services. For example, you can order products from third parties through our stores, download applications from third-party application providers from our App Store, and enable third-party skills through our Alexa services. We also offer services or sell product lines jointly with third-party businesses, such as co-branded credit cards. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customers’ personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers:We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that We Are All Africans.com, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of We Are All Africans and Others:We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of We Are All Africans, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs. Click herefor more information on how to manage the security settings of your device.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Click herefor more information on how to sign off.
What About Advertising?
- Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites:We Are All Africans Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services..
- Use of Third-Party Advertising Services:We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant We Are All Africans ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier. For example, if you have already downloaded one of our apps, we will share your advertising identifier and data about that event so that you will not be served an ad to download the app again. Some ad companies also use this information to serve you relevant ads from other advertisers.
What Information Can I Access?
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Customer Service. Many of our We Are All Africans Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the We Are All Africans Services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in What Information Can I Access?. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive email or other communications from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. If you don’t want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or device.
- If you do not want to see interest-based ads, please adjust your Advertising Preferences.
- If you want to browse our websites without linking the browsing history to your account, you may do so by logging out of your account hereand blocking cookies on your browser.
- You will also be able to opt out of certain other types of data usage by updating your settings on the applicable We Are All Africans website (e.g., in “Manage Your Content and Devices”), device, or application. For more information click here. Most non-We Are All Africans devices also provide users with the ability to change device permissions (e.g., disable/access location services, contacts). For most devices, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to change your device permissions on devices manufactured by third parties, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
- If you are a seller, you can add or update certain information in Seller Central, update your account information by accessing your Seller Account Information, and adjust your email or other communications you receive from us by updating your Notification Preferences.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal data. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Are Children Allowed to Use We Are All Africans Services?
We Are All Africans does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use We Are All Africans Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian. For more information, please see our Children’s Privacy Disclosure.
EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
California Consumer Privacy Act
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use We Are All Africans Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use , including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Washington. If you have any concern about privacy at We Are All Africans, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Related Practices and Information
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use We Are All Africans Services.
You provide information to us when you:
- search or shop for products or services in our stores.
- add or remove an item from your cart or place an order through or use We Are All Africans Services.
- download, stream, view, or use content on a device or through a service or application on a device.
- provide information in Your Account(and you might have more than one if you have used more than one email address or mobile number when shopping with us) or Your Profile ;
- talk to or otherwise interact with our Alexa Voice service.
- upload your contacts.
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with an We Are All Africans device or service.
- you to develop or offer software, goods, or services to We Are All Africans customers.
- offer your products or services on or through We Are All Africans Services.
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
- upload or stream images, videos or other files to Prime Photos, We Are All Africans Drive, or other We Are All Africans Services.
- use our services such as Prime Video.
- compile Playlists, Watchlists, Wish Listsor other gift registries;
- participate in Discussion Boards or other community features.
- provide and rate Reviews;
- specify a Special Occasion Reminder; or
- employ Product Availability Alerts, such as Available to Order Notifications.